Terms and Conditions
Prestige Sussex will require a deposit to be paid prior to the commencement of any works; typically 25% and reference will be made in the confirmation between Prestige Sussex & the customer. If a project is carried out over a period of 3 or more weeks, then Prestige Sussex will require interim payments to cover ongoing material and labour costs which are payable within 5 days once the interim invoice has been raised. Once a project has reached completion and the final bill produced, this will become payable within 5 days of the date on the final invoice. Final payments made outside of the 5 day deadline may incur a late payment charge which will accrue on a daily basis at a rate of 5% above the Bank of England base rate until settled in full. Final payments that are not received inside a 21 day deadline will be handed over to a solicitor or collection agency. All materials remain the property of Prestige Sussex until payment has been made in full. Prestige Sussex reserve their legal right to remove their work should the 21 day deadline lapse or payment fails.
Quotes & Estimates:
Prestige Sussex may require a signed acceptance from the customer agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein. Prestige Sussex acknowledge that once a deposit has been received the customer has read the terms and conditions and agrees. The quotes provided by Prestige Sussex will detail the work to be completed. The customer must also satisfy his or herself that the detail of works covers all the work they want completed by Prestige Sussex. Once signed acceptance and/or deposit has been received, Prestige Sussex will agree a start date with the customer and stage completion dates where applicable. In the event of any questions or queries relating to quotes, please feel free to ask questions to make sure the quote is a fair proposal for the work you expect completed. All quotes are provided on the basis that the area in which work will take place is clear and free from personal effects and furniture. Any items or objects which may hinder the progress of work, Prestige Sussex may levy a charge to the customer for creating a clear working area unless the customer has agreed with Prestige Sussex beforehand to move such items.
If at any point the customer, for any reason cancels works previously agreed orally or in writing, Prestige Sussex may levy a 25% charge of the total cost of the works to cover administration and suppliers charges
Power & Water:
The customer agrees to provide heat, electricity and water so that work can progress in a safe professional manner. The customer must also agree to indemnify Prestige Sussex against any costs arising from the reasonable supply of heat, electricity and water, including the failure of any of these services. Advertising: The customer agrees that Prestige Sussex may place an advertisement/company signage outside of the property in which work is being carried out. We may also display where applicable any safety/hazard signs.
A guarantee will only be issued once final payment has been received and cleared. Prestige Sussex reserves the right to issue a guarantee should the customer fail to make or deliberately delay final payment. The customer accepts that any person tampering with work whether qualified or not, at any time before, during or following the work may invalidate the guarantee. The customer agrees to allow and provide Prestige Sussex full access to inspect any work where any guarantee issues have arisen. All workmanship is provided with a 5 year guarantee. The guarantee only covers the workmanship and defective materials and not normal wear and tear, storm damage or damage caused by the customer accidently or through customer negligence. Guarantees do not include scaffold costs. Customers may provide their own materials for projects to keep costs down although this may also invalidate the guarantee. Other: Due to the nature of some aspects of refurbishing work, its natural some vibration may occur, Prestige Sussex cannot be held responsible for damage occurring in an area outside of where work is being carried out. If prior to commencement of work where Prestige Sussex feel this could happen we will give fair warning to the customer beforehand. It is the customer’s responsibility to see to it that any valuable or breakable items are put in a safe place before any work commences, as Prestige Sussex cannot be held responsible for damages caused where the customer has failed to take the necessary precautions to prevent such damages. If the customer for any reason decides not to move a valuable item which is considered to be at risk of damage, Prestige Sussex will not commence work in that area until such an item has been moved. At the same time Prestige Sussex will advise the customer if there is a need to move an item in order to prevent damage occurring.
All terms and conditions apply. Downs View Property Solutions ltd strive to complete all projects within contract scheduled, however unforseen circumstances can lead to delays and are not liable to any penalty clauses.
Here you will find an overview of our various company policies.
- Company Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Quality Policy
- Recruitment Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Training and Development Policy
- Management Systems
It is the policy of the Company to provide a service to Industry and Commerce which will not only protect the environment and the public but will also be beneficial to the client.
The Company will work with all outside agencies, local and central government bodies as well as industry and commerce to improve the environment and preserve natural resources in accordance with the company environmental policy All members of the company will contribute to the continuous improvement of performance and the service supplied in accordance with the company quality policy.
The Company will ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees, contractors and other people who may be affected by its operations.
All equipment used in the design and installation projects will be to the best possible quality and environmental performance without sacrificing commercial considerations.
Subcontractors used for the installation process will be of proven ability, reliable and capable of working without continuous supervision, to the latest requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act, relevant codes of practice and the company Health & Safety Policy.
All members of the organisation will co-operate in establishing and implementing training plans in accordance with the Business Plan, individual training needs and the company training policy.
All persons employed by the Company will be treated equally on the basis of merit and performance only.
The Company will provide and maintain a smoke free office environment of which we can be proud and a work environment that supports the diversity of our people and their ideas.
The company will work with all outside agencies, and local government bodies, as well as industry and commerce to improve the environment and preserve natural resources.
The Company will:
Equal Opportunities Policy
- Maintain a programme of continuous improvement of all activities directly affecting the environment by regular review or monitoring.
- Operate to relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and other requirements to which the company subscribes to.
- Control energy consumption, source raw materials and dispose of waste responsibly, minimise waste and prevent pollution.
- Promote environmental responsibility with suppliers, and awareness of environmental issues among our employees.
- Operate effective resource management to set, achieve, and review environmental targets and objectives.
- Promote environmental responsibility with clients and advise on environmental matters.
- Make this document available to the public.
This Policy outlines the approach taken to perform good business practice in the area of equality of opportunity. The Policy should be taken as the Companies commitment to working towards and maintaining the role of an equal opportunities employer and provider of quality training and development activities.
The Companies commitment to equal opportunities will also be assured through adherence to relevant law including the Sexual Discrimination Act 1975, the Race Relations Act 1976, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Particularly, the Company will ensure that any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, colour, nationality, sexual demeanour, disability or ethnic origin is overcome and addressed in terms of recruitment, staff training and employment, grievance and disciplinary procedures, and career advancement. The Company will also ensure that all persons who are in contact with the Company through its training and development activities will receive equal treatment and opportunity.
Employees of the Company
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunities in the employment of is staff and the employment of subcontracted staff and specialists. The Policy ensures that discrimination towards employees in any form (whether directly or indirectly) is not only unlawful but against Company policy.
Positive action will be taken to ensure that greater representation from underrepresented groups is encouraged. In particular, the Company will provide the following statement within all staff and training recruitment advertising:
"The Company is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community"
The Management of the Company is ultimately responsible for ensuring equality of opportunity is present and maintained throughout the Companies activities.
Acts of discrimination or harassment by any person covered by this Policy on the grounds of gender, race or disability will be dealt with through disciplinary action, possibly resulting in dismissal or expulsion from the training activities.
The Company will take action to ensure that allegations of discrimination are investigated in a partisan manner and addressed according to law and good business practice.
Health and Safety Policy
- The Company will ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees, contractors and other people who may be affected by its operations, as outlined in this document and in accordance with current legislation.
- The aims of the policy will be achieved by providing and maintaining places of work and equipment which are safe, by the operation of systems of work which are not harmful to health and by provision of suitable arrangement of welfare.
- The Company expects its employees to give their full co-operation in achieving the high standards of health and safety at work required by the management, and that employees act in a manner which does not endanger their own Health & Safety or that of others.
- The policy will be applied equally, fairly and without exception.
- All necessary information, training and supervision will be provided to all employees.
- The Company will provide protective equipment required to allow employees to carry out their duties in a safe manner. Employees are required to utilise the protective equipment provided so as to protect their safety and to maintain this equipment in good condition at all times.
The Company objective is to sustain responsible commercial success as a national consultancy in energy, environmental and health and safety matters.
The Directors are fully committed to and will provide the direction, guidance and resources to achieve Total Quality Management throughout the organisation.
To achieve this the Company will:-
- Generate systems of continuous improvement across the whole company.
- Improve the performance of individual members of staff and ultimately the organisation as a whole by providing training in accordance with the Company's Training Policy.
- Agree standards of performance with clients to establish and achieve clients needs.
- Secure client and third party approval to demonstrate the capability of our quality management system.
- Monitor and review, on a regular basis, all systems throughout the organisation against the objectives of the Company.
All appointments will be made on merit and ability to perform to the job description regardless of sex, age, marital status, race, ethnic or national origins or any other ad-hoc criteria.
Advertising interviewing, selecting and appointing will be carried out in accordance with the work instruction for recruiting.
The selection process will take account of applicants from internal, local or national advertisements, persons from recruitment agencies, schemes for the T.E.C. and Business Link or any similar agency.
Applicants for vacancies will be interviewed on their ability to meet the personnel specification and the criteria for the job vacancy only.
All potential appointments will be approved by the Managing Director before implementation.
The Company has adopted a policy of no smoking on company premises in keeping with its duty of care to employees.
Training and Development Policy
- The finding of long term research into health problems arising from smoking and secondary smoking is recognised so smoking in company offices is not allowed.
- The responsibility as a leading consulting company, providing guidance to all sectors of the industrial and commercial market, to provide quality guidance and assistance to its staff and subcontractors in keeping with company policies is recognised.
- Due guidance and assistance will be given to assist staff to give up smoking.
- The Directors and staff recognise that smoking causes unpleasant odours and makes company vehicles unduly odious, this may be offensive to some personnel and must be kept to a minimum.
The Company acknowledges the value of effective training and development and recognises that this cannot be achieved without the support of the Directors.
It is, therefore the Company Policy that the Directors will be responsible for the preparation each year of the training plan in which in turn will be derived from the business plans, forecasts and personal appraisals.
The intent of this training plan is to show a clear link between the company's goals and targets, the training and development needs and the actions which will be taken to meet those needs.
The plan will state the required performance improvement objectives, identify the training resources required, determine target dates for completion of various stages, monitor the execution of the training programme and assess the results.
All employees will be made aware of the training and development opportunities available to them.